Book your No Scalpel Vasectomy (NSV) at Stock Surgery where you will experience the clean, safe, high-tech hospital environment of our operating facility, but with the friendly, comfortable ambience of a village GP surgery. We offer professional expertise with a friendly holistic approach, ensuring that our vasectomy patients will feel confident and at ease to have a really good experience.
Here at Stock surgery we have a highly specified operating theatre. It is the perfect environment for all forms of operation where local anaesthetic is used, including no scalpel vasectomy. We have provided community surgical services with expert advice and support since 2008 and Dr Acorn has performed thousands of vasectomies during that time.
We are located near to Chelmsford, Billericay and Brentwood.
The non-scalpel procedure is the most up to date technique for best possible outcomes. It is the procedure of choice because it has been shown to have a lower failure rate AND a lower incidence of operative complications when compared to more traditional methods. NSV is the procedure you will have when you have your vasectomy with Dr Acorn at Stock Surgery.
NSV differs from traditional vasectomy in the following ways.
- A hyfrecator (sophisticated electrical cutting device) is used to cut and to cauterise during the procedure.
- A single small incision in the midline of the scrotum is made instead of two larger incisions, one each side.
- The tubes are cut and cauterised instead of being tied.
- The small incision doesn’t require stitches.
- Special instruments have been designed just for this procedure.
- The NSV is relatively quick and minimally invasive
You will not feel any discomfort during your vasectomy as we use a micro-fine 31 gauge to instil the rapid-acting local anaesthetic. And you can feel completely at ease welcomed by our friendly, professional staff and in the hands of a highly qualified vasectomy surgeon (Dr Acorn) with many years experience. There are excellent road links via M25 and A12 from surrounding areas and we have a large free carpark.
If you think vasectomy is the contraceptive for you, make sure you get a no scalpel vasectomy. Unfortunately vasectomy procedures are now no longer available as an NHS treatment in Mid-Essex, but we are able to offer patient funded NSV at an affordable price here at Stock Surgery. For bookings arranged from 1st August 2021 the total cost including semen analysis is £360; you will not find a better service nor better value!
Please make sure you read and comprehend the No Scalpel Vasectomy information sheet thoroughly, before you make a decision – vasectomy is a permanent contraceptive. Please click on the following links to download further information about the operation. They are all in PDF format:
How to Book Your Appointment
You do not need a GP referral, but you will need to have a phone consultation with Dr Acorn to check for any health issues and to make sure you are aware of all the considerations required for making a fully informed decision in asking for permanent contraception
- It is really helpful if you can have already decided on a preferred date for your operation prior to making contact (operating is ALWAYS on a Monday afternoon and the waiting list is usually around 4-6 weeks
- Once the date has been agreed, Dr Acorn will do the telephone consultation
- You will then need to provide your name, DOB, address and email address
- You will receive an email that confirms your appointment, gives payment details and gives information about the preparation for your operation.
- Make your payment. Turn up for your operation. If you have an office job, you can return to work the next day!
- On the day of your operation you will be given information for arranging post operative semen analysis to be done approximately 16 weeks after.
... so to arrange for your operation, decide on your preferred dates and email your phone number to email@example.com or text 07932 006400 to ask for a phone consultation and Dr Acorn will call you back.
PLEASE DO NOT email without leaving a phone number!
PLEASE NOTE: if you make a booking and then with insufficient notice you cancel or postpone there will be a charge made
A Few Recent Testimonials
Mr W, Waltham Abbey "Dr Acorn and his staff were absolutely fantastic and made the whole experience easy to overcome"
Mr W, Chelmsford "Dr A was excellent, put me at ease"
Mr P, Stock "I was put immediately very much at ease and felt comfortable and well taken care of throughout"
Mr H, Benfleet "Very professional, felt comfortable and relaxed"
Mr S, Sidcup "Very straight forward and professional experience. A calm environment with excellent staff. I hardly knew what was happening!"
Mr C, Braintree "As painless and uncomplicated as you could wish for. Friendly and professional"
Mr H, Westcliff-on-Sea "Dr Acorn and his assistant nurse were very nice and really helped create a relaxed environment during the whole process"