Clinics & Services
We hold a number of clinics for both preventing disease and for reducing harm from existing conditions:
- Adult Immunisations – including Flu, Tetanus, Polio, Pneumonia and Hepatitis B
- Antenatal Clinic - our maternity clinic is held every alternate Wednesday morning by the midwife. If you need to make an unscheduled visit to the midwife, please phone her first on 07887 636 748.
- Asthma and COPD Checks - our practice nurse Fiona has had special training in the care of people with asthma, and will be happy to see you. We recommend that all our patients with asthma/COPD have a special check for their asthma/COPD at least once a year.
- Child Immunisations - We encourage all children and young people to complete a full course of immunisation. Clinics are held on Tuesday afternoons from 2-2:30 pm.
- Coronary Heart Disease Clinic - our nurse Lorraine has been specially trained to help you keep well. During this clinic she will ask about your symptoms, and your lifestyle. She will check your weight and blood pressure and review the results of your recent blood tests. She can then use this information to advise you on how best you can keep healthy. She may adjust your medication.
- Contraception - We don't hold a special clinic for contraception; just make an appointment during ordinary surgery time. You can see one of our two family planning trained nurses, Rosie or Fiona, or one of the doctors.
- Diabetic clinic - Rosie Maxey is our practice nurse with a special interest in the care of diabetic people. She will have arranged for you to have some special blood tests at the hospital, before the clinic, to monitor your kidney function and to estimate how well your diabetes is controlled.
- Help for smokers - If you are thinking about stopping, why not make an appointment to see nurse Lorraine who has had special training to help you stop
- High Blood Pressure Clinic (Hypertension) - Nurse Fiona runs a clinic on Monday mornings and Wednesday afternoons when she sees people with high blood pressure.
- Minor surgery - we are able to perform a number of minor operations in our special minor surgery theatre such as the removal of small cysts and other benign lumps, injecting joints and removing in-growing toenails. Many of these are performed using a local anaesthetic. Treatment follows an initial assessment by your GP.
- Psychological Treatments - a psychologist visits our surgery as part of the IAPT programme. If you think this treatment could help you, speak to any of us at the surgery and we can refer you to her.
- S-Tox Clinic - Dr Acorn runs a private cosmetic clinic for anti-wrinkle and complexion treatments. Leaflet available at reception or click here for further information.
- Travel Advice - make an appointment to see our nurses as soon as you have booked your holiday, to find out what immunisations, if any you will need. She will also advise you on protection against malaria and other infections for which there are no immunisations. Further information is available on the above tab.
- Vasectomy Clinic - here at Stock Surgery we have a highly specified operating theatre. It is the perfect environment for all forms of operation where local anaesthetic is used, including non-scalpel vasectomy.